Sunday 19 January 2014

Lonliness sucks

Growing up as an only child, loneliness is something that I have really been struggling with for as long as I can remember.


Some of my earliest memories are playing in the forest behind our house by myself. Have you ever had an imaginary friend? I did; more than one actually!

Feeling alone is something that  I have struggled with for a long time. Sometimes you feel alone because you ARE and other times you are physically with people but feel alone in their midst. Do they care? Do they understand? Do I matter? Why doesnt anybody  pay attention to me?

Loneliness sucks. It lead to crying alone in the car, depressing thoughts, and wanting to lay down in bed and never get up.

So whats the solution?

For me, it was Jesus. 
 He told me "I will never leave you or forsake you!"

Ive learned over the past few months that even if I feel alone, I am not. That moment when Im thinking that nobody cares, nobody understands or loves me, God is thinking...

"IM RIGHT HERE!!! IM CRAZY ABOUT YOU! IM THINKING ABOUT YOU! YOU ARE MY CHILD! COME TO ME, GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR BURDENS! I WANT TO BE INVOLVED, I HAVE A PLAN FOR YOUR LIFE, YOU ARE SO SPECIAL TO ME!!!!"

I wonder if God feels hurt when we say that we are so alone.

Seek God, and you will find Him.

But another thing I learned was that God loves to give us healthy and stable friendships. A few weeks ago I asked Him to give me a close friend here in Northern Ireland that I can talk to about Him and that can encourage me in seeking Gods face, and He did! He loves for His children to be in community!


What is it that your heart truly desires? 

I think that what God really desires is for us to desire Him above anything else. To LOVE Him with all our hearts, souls and minds.

How do you feel about this desire of His?

If you are feeling lonely, tell Him! He already knows anyway, but He wants to hear it from you. Ask Him for a friend who will encourage and support you. Seek community with the people of God.

But most importantly, seek Jesus and His presence. He is the one who will always be there. Nobody else can fill that space for us. Jesus is the best friend I have ever had. He's never messed up, said something to hurt my feelings, manipulated me, left me, or abused me. HE IS SO AMAZING!!!! If you don't know Him, getting to know Him is the best decision you will ever make.

So please allow me the honor to make the introduction.. "Dear ____, (insert your name here), Id like to you to meet my Best Friend, Father, God, Savior, Doctor, Lover, and just the most amazing identity in the universe" (no overstatement necessary.. hehe :) 

....and THAT, my friends, is the solution for lonliness and friendship, if you ask for my two cents :)


No comments:

Post a Comment